Gamer's Circuit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 10 Quarter guzzler arcade games

Go down

Top 10 Quarter guzzler arcade games Empty Top 10 Quarter guzzler arcade games

Post by Sara_3 Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:37 pm

Know those games that would just eat your quarters while you tried to get to the end of a very frustrating game? The ones you would have to put in quarter after quarter just to see the ending? I've seen kids put up to 30 dollars in one game to see the ending. What's your top 10? One franchise per listing, meaning no five Pac Man's or Rampages.

10. Donkey Kong

9. Tetris

8. Street Fighter vs. Campcom

7. Jurrassic Park

6. Mortal Kombat 3

5. Pac-Man: 255 levels, three lives, and a one slice taken pizza going against three ghosts. How much more can you ask for? It was hard, and it took a ton of practice. But it was addicting. Only two players, though.

4. Rampage: Three monsters destroying all the cities in the world? What more can you ask for? It was fun, innovative, and a dream for most boys. The fact there was dynamite, tanks and the army against you, just added more to the fun. It had three players and massive amount of levels. It reached number four because of the three player option. But there were three that topped it in loosening those wallets for people.

3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Admittedly, I only played this once or twice. I never got far in it, but it was still addicting and fun. It was massively popular in it's time and it was hard. This wasn't the converted NES version, this was the original version where four kids could play the turtle they liked the most. With that, it was so hard that you needed all four to reach the end. And even then it would cost you a pretty penny.

2. X-Men: I actually beat this with a friend of mine once, it took us ten dollars between us to get to the end. There was a vast selection of characters to choose from. I haven't seen it in a long time, but it was one of the games for the ages. It still doesn't top number one, though. Not by a long shot.

1. The Simpsons: Four players, and a massively hard game. This game was for the ages. It had bonus levels, dog weapons, bowling balls, everything. It was inventive and fun. You could play all Simpson's family that could walk. Trying to rescue Maggie was never so hard, or so fun. I watched four kids spend 30 dollars on this game trying to get to the end and still run out of quarters on the final level. It was that hard. I've found the game in the arcade a few weeks ago, the only one on this list except Jurrassic Park. That alone speaks of it's lastability. It deserves no other spot.

I know, I knocked out some of the classics, but no other games took your quarters so fast and made you put more in to see a worthwhile ending. What's your top ten arcade games?

Sara_3

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down