Gamer's Circuit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Breed

3 posters

Go down

Dragon Breed Empty Dragon Breed

Post by Neku Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:59 pm

Story

There once were beings called 'Dragons' that were powerful, more so than humans could ever dream to be, but as fate would have it, they weren’t the strongest. Unbeknownst to the great Dragons there was a race that lived deep in the planet, plotting their rise against these champions that maintained peace. Humans came to know these beings as 'The Germ' due to the fact they infected others in order to reproduce. 'The Germ' did try once to infect and destroy the populace of humans and Dragons, but were driven off by two warriors who stood far above their kind, A dragon man, and a human female. Their great strength coming from their child, and the desire to give him a peaceful world to live in.

Peace reigned on for what felt like lifetimes, and The Germ fell from memories....until the day dragons disappeared from the planet completely. Once these champions were gone, the Germ returned and met no resistance from the weaker race. The human warrior was long dead, lost to old age, and her child nothing but an old man. Hope was completely lost on the remaining inhabitance. Animals, once peaceful and kind began raging against their human companions, and monsters were born, even the wilderness and nature itself was lost to these creatures. On the verge of annihilation, the human race devised a plan, to use the technology that was left by the dragons, to recreate the two warriors. Their work was rewarded by the return of the two mighty warriors, though the mighty dragon race was not to be seen again, but a child was once again born between the two.

However, not all was like it had been. Humans had grown greedy jealous in their time alone, and destroyed their created warriors, leaving the baby to die. However fate intervened once again, and a lonely old man found him and brought him back home to the town of Dregnan. The boy was raised with no knowledge of how he came into the care of the old man.

It has been seventeen years since the old man took child into his home. He has been engaged to marry his childhood friend, and take over his father’s position as mayor of the town and have his fairytale ending. However not all is peaceful, for disaster has been fated to befall the town.

Now, there are a few things, I threw in for filler names, they are working names, and will most likely be changed by the final release. Those things are:

"The Germ"
"Dregnan"

Screenshots

Dragon Breed Nameinputscreen-1
Dragon Breed MenuScreen-1
Dragon Breed Optionsmenu-1
Dragon Breed Battlescreen-1
Dragon Breed Victoryscreen-1

I hope you guys like what you see so far, I havn't done a whole LOT yet, script credit so far goes to:

Modern Algebra- Integrated Reserve Party
Yanfly- Display Victory Aftermath, Menu System Options
RPG Tankentai, Kylock(translation) Side View battle System

Influences: Fans of the Breath of Fire series will see many things(I hope) that are similar in style of story telling, and gameplay, it is one of my absolute favorite series, and I wanted to somehow pay homage to it. This, however, should not be considered a "fan game" to the BoF series.

Again, Comments, suggestions, and everythign is appreciated, just try to keep things constructive for me, please
Neku
Neku
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://gamerscircuit.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Dragon Breed Empty Re: Dragon Breed

Post by VideoGameNerd246 Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:18 pm

I like where this is going.
VideoGameNerd246
VideoGameNerd246

Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

Post by Neku Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:49 am

The first song has been finished for this game

The title is The Fallen, I hope you all find it as eerily beautiful as I did

Song: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KKC88PRJ
Neku
Neku
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 78

https://gamerscircuit.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ICSP Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:32 am

I played the one map demo.

This game has some potential. I'm rooting for you dude.

ICSP

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum