Gamer's Circuit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy Games

3 posters

Go down

Final Fantasy Games Empty Final Fantasy Games

Post by ICSP Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:42 am

What do you guys think of the series?

ICSP

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy Games Empty Re: Final Fantasy Games

Post by Neku Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:17 pm

I'm iffy on them, on one hand, I like them for the nostalgia, I remember the first time I beat a FF game, and that feeling of accomplishment still comes to me when I beat them today.

HOWEVER!

I do not like what they have degraded(Yes, degraded) into ever since FF7. the last truly GREAT story, in my opinion, was in FF6. I don't like this emo hero who has to save the world bit they keep bringing up (Cloud, Squall) or the whiny I am a dirty-mouthed child. of a hero(Tidus) I miss the cool heroes, like Terra, Locke, Cecil, Kain, Bartz(or Butz, depending on the translation you play).

I miss the awesome, honestly EVIL villains like Ex-Death, Kefka, etc. I don't know whats worse, the bitches for heroes, or the bitches for villains.

on that, I don't care what anyone says.
Sephiroth is not a "great villain" he was a whiny I am a dirty-mouthed child. that threw a fit because of his origins.
Sin was flat out STUPID
Kuja. enough said.
Neku
Neku
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://gamerscircuit.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ICSP Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:29 am

I do agree with you. The characters arn't as good as they used to be. I think Square is trying to avoid the Cliche characters. Like the Paladin Hero and the Dark Knight Overlord.

However, as a result they made a lot of the characters uninteresting.

When I play a FF game, I want to see an epic battle of good and evil. Not see two school boys who never grew up carry on a rivalry into adulthood. Thats just lame.

ICSP

Back to top Go down

Post by Neku Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:31 am

Not only that, but in trying to avoid the cliche hero/villain roles, they created new, worse cliches
Neku
Neku
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ICSP Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:35 am

New worse cliches...

Like this guy...

Final Fantasy Games Kadaj_01

The emo evil villain dude...

ICSP

Back to top Go down

Post by Neku Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:38 am

I actually LIKED Kadaj until about halfway through the movie. Once he took the kids I was like "Ok, he's bitched out."
Neku
Neku
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ICSP Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:40 am

Neku wrote:I actually LIKED Kadaj until about halfway through the movie. Once he took the kids I was like "Ok, he's bitched out."

"Do as I do!"

*Overdramatizes his drinking of water.*

ICSP

Back to top Go down

Post by Christhor Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:13 pm

I like some of them.

Final Fantasy was meh. FFII bored me to death. I didn't play FFIII-FFVI =D. I loved FFVII, Dirge of Cerberus was sheit, Advent Children while I it honestly was a bad movie, I quite enjoyed it (mostly because it's FFVII! this was also the case for me with the newest Rambo movie), Crisis Core was decent.

FFVIII was crap. FFIX was by far the best one in my opinion. FFX was nothing special. Never played XI, but XII was the worst one. I didn't even play halfway through it.

I don't really get why people don't like Kuja. He is probably the most powerful outta all the villains. I mean he destroyed an entire planet just out of frustration!

Well I'm looking forward to both XIII and Versus. XIII just looks pretty good, and Versus looks like what KH should've been from the beginning. Not that I have anything against KH, the original is one of my favorite games of all time...
Christhor
Christhor

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down